One full year into my voiceover businesss… it’s June 2020 and a pandemic has been in full swing since March. Business as usual has changed forever. But not for me.
I’m kicking butt.
But a few months before that year mark, that was not the case. I found myself in a business depression of sorts – I felt stuck and unsure about what to do.
This episode, I talk about what that was like, what I did, and what I’m continuing to do to grow my business.
What I did in my first full year to grow my business:
- Finished a course about the business of voiceover.
- Told everyone I knew what I was doing.
- Got some headshots done.
- Joined Voices.com + started auditioning.
- Bought a subscription to Adobe Audition.
- Invested in MRC’s Audio Production Course.
- Produced my first commercial demo.
- Invested in mindset coaching.
- Invested in the VO Marketing Playbook.
- Re-upped with Voices.com.
Three things I learned that might help you:
- It’s ok to feel stuck – just don’t stay in that place.
- Do what works and forget the rest until you’re ready.
- Track your progress.
1:07 – How I felt stuck in my business at the beginning of the pandemic.
1:35 – Investing in mindset coaching + doing the work.
2:42 – I started making double in voiceover.
3:27 – Getting real with my business marketing efforts.
4:23 – The beginning is always a numbers game (plus a fun plant analogy).
4:45 – What success now means to me.
5:04 – Where do you want to be? + What I did in my first year to grow my business.
6:03 – Takeaways that might help you.
7:46 – What you can do right now + download the Ultimate Voiceover Business Resource Guide!